Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Today was such a great start to a new year and new decade.  I have never had a "theme" for a year, but considering all the turmoil of the past few years, I decided I need Peace.  Peace in my home, Peace in my relationships, and Peace in myself.  It must be wishful thinking because I think this was one of the most peaceful days I've had in a long time.  We enjoyed the day visiting with my parents, who came down to deliver Maddie's air hockey table.  The kids all played together relatively well, especially once we got the air hockey set up, and I enjoyed cooking and working on some random projects with my dad.

But really, the best part of the day was when I was putting Sam to bed.  He was not happy to go to bed because he was enjoying watching us play a game. To calm him down, I asked him if he was ready to say his prayers.  After we say the goodnight prayer, we say the Guardian Angel prayer.  Tonight, Sam said the whole thing by himself - it was the sweetest thing to hear and I so wish I could burn it onto my brain and replay it whenever I want. What a beautiful end to a beautiful day!

No comments: