I'll admit - I love change. As the mom of 4 kids, I kinda feel like our life is pretty routine - school, activities, therapies, cook dinner, do laundry, clean - that's pretty much it. So when something comes along to spice things up, I'm all for it! Except for today ...
Maddie officially promotes to Middle School. Seriously, Middle School. This is one change I have been looking forward to and dreading all at the same time. She's so little! I mean, she's going to be dwarfed by all those bigger kids next year. At least in elementary school, there were some kids her size, even if they were kindergartners :) And we also have to say goodbye to her teacher and aide, whom she's had since kindergarten - that's 6 years. They are like our family now. That is going to be the hardest part.
But with change comes the chance for new adventures and new friends, and hopefully everyone will welcome Maddie and see her for all the wonderful things she is - caring, kind, helpful, and funny ... and a bit of a prankster...
So tonight as I sit at her promotion ceremony in tears ('cause that's how I roll...), I will be thankful for all the great things she has experienced in elementary school, and especially for all the truly wonderful teachers, administrators, therapists and friends who have walked with her along the way...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment